Darjeeling, Kalimpong are beautiful cities in the Himalayan Gorkhaland. These Victorian towns, which once wowed British men, remain important vacation destinations for people of West Bengal and surrounding areas.
Gangtok, the capital of Sikkim is famous for its monasteries, eateries and MG Road. Popular tourist destinations of Sikkim are well connected from Gangtok.
This summer explore this Himalayan region with family, and friends. Solo travellers and backpackers are equally welcomed.
Batch 1 : Sunday, 19th April - Friday, 24th April 2020
Batch 2 : Sunday, 03rd May - Friday, 08th May 2020
Batch 3 : Sunday, 17th May - Friday, 22nd May 2020
Batch 4 : Thursday, 21st May - Tuesday, 26th May 2020
Batch 5 : Sunday, 31st May - Sunday, 05th June 2020
Itinerary - Himalayan Golden Triangle (Darjeeling 2n - Kalimpong 1n - Gangtok 2n)
Day 01: NJP Rly Station / IXB Airport – Darjeeling (75 kms / 3 hrs)
Arrive at the NJP Railway Station/IXB Airport. Transfer to Darjeeling (6,950 ft.). After arrival check-in to the hotel, rest of the day is at leisure for you to explore the surrounding areas. Overnight stay at Darjeeling.
Day 02: Darjeeling Sightseeing
After relishing the breakfast, at 8.30 am get ready to visit the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, P.N. Zoological Park (Thursday closed), Tenzing Rock, Ropeway, Tibetan Refugee self-help Centre (Sunday closed), Tea Garden (outer view), Japanese Temple, Ghoom Monastery, Batasia loop, Tiger hill (8,400 ft.). In the evening, you will have leisure time, enjoy shopping on your own or take rest. Overnight stay at Darjeeling.
Day 03: Darjeeling – Kalimpong (57 kms / 2 ½ hrs) Sightseeing
After breakfast, transfer to Kalimpong (3,950 ft.). Upon arrival, check-in to the hotel. In the afternoon, enjoy a half-day tour of Kalimpong. You will visit visit Mangal Dham, Deolo Hill, Golf Garden, Durpin Dara Hills & Pine View Nursery. Overnight stay at Kalimpong.
Day 04: Kalimpong – Gangtok (75 kms / 3 hrs) Local Sightseeing
Post breakfast, proceed for Gangtok (5,500 ft.) and check-in to your hotel. In the afternoon, gear up for a half-day city tour and cover places like the Flower show, Cottage Industry and Handicraft Centre, Institute of Tibetology, Dro-dul Chorten, Gonjang Monastery & Banjakhri Falls. Overnight stay at Gangtok.
Day 05: Excursion to Tsomgo Lake & Baba Mandir
After breakfast, you will head to Tsomgo Lake (12,400 ft.) & Baba Mandir (13,200 ft.) which are situated 55 kms from Gangtok city. Overnight stay at Gangtok.
(On event of landslide or any other reason if Tsomgo Lake is closed, we will provide alternate sightseeing.)
Day 06: Gangtok – NJP Rly Station / IXB Airport (120 kms / 5 hrs)
Post breakfast, checkout from the hotel and transfer to NJP Railway Station / IXB Airport for your onward journey.
Things to carry
- Valid Identity Proof (Passport / Voter ID Card), along with 5 Photocopies for each document.
- 5 Passport Size Color Photographs
- Water Bottles
- A light-weighted Haversack or Backpack, and a smaller Day Sack
- Good pair of sports shoes, and a pair of flip-flops
- Woolen Gloves, woolen socks, Monkey Cap/Balaclava, Neck Scarf
- Thermal Inners
- Snow Jackets and Fleece Jackets
- Waterproof gloves and windcheater/poncho
- Personal clothing (Dressing Moderately is mandatory to visit Monasteries and Dzongs)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Camera, Binoculars (Optional)
- Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, Light towel, Lip balm, Wet wipes, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer
- Extra Polythene Bags (To segregate used/ unused garments, wet/ dry clothing)
- Any medicines that you consume normally, post consulting a doctor
- Mosquito repellent
- Snacks & Biscuits to munch on (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Remember to consult your physician if you have any heart or breathing issues before making this trip.
- You may carry Popcorn and/or Camphor from Gangtok before heading over to High Altitude areas such as Lachen, Gurudongmar, Lachung, Yumthang, Yumesamdong & Nathula where the layer of Oxygen is very thin.
- Please refrain from clicking pictures while on the way to Gurudongmar from Lachen and at Nathula due to presence of our Indian Army base and various security issues.
- Please make sure you report at the start location as per the itinerary. No refunds would be entertained by Trikon. Consult your Trikon buddy in advance in case of any changes.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Any customization in arrival and departures may lead to additional cost.
- All sightseeing is subject to weather conditions, political conditions in the destination.
- Customization would not be adjusted with any inclusions such as missed sightseeing, stay, meals etc.
- Due to delay by participants if any destination gets missed same will not be covered.
- If any of the points remains closed without prior intimation, we will try to cover it up with another destination if feasible.
Fitness & Health – Though this is a fun-filled trip, it demands good amount of physical fitness because of its high altitude and thinner oxygen levels. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trip, your Trikon buddy will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
What is included in the tour
- Stay in comfortable, clean and hygienic accommodation / home stays
- Internal travel during the trip, inclusive of the pickup and drop facility to the Bagdogra Airport
- Breakfast and Dinner provided during the trip
- All permits, entries etc.
- Services of an expert Trikon buddy during the trip
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel cost of arrival to Bagdogra Airport
- Travel cost of departure from Bagdogra Airport
- Food during the transit to and from Bagdogra Airport
- Any personal expenses made during the trip
- Anything apart from the inclusions
- 5% GST
- Learn about the Buddhist culture and traditions at Namgyal Institute of Tibetology
- Experience one of the largest and oldest Rumtek Monastery
- Enjoy city view from ropeway at Gangtok
- Peace Pagoda Darjeeling
- World Heritage railway at Darjeeling
- Mesmerising sunrise view with Kanchanganga