Purushwadi Fireflies Festival 2023
Celebrate the myriad hues of nature at the Purushwadi fireflies camp happening this pre-monsoon. This fest of fireflies near Nashik attracts the campers from all over the country, who come to this village to witness this fascinating spectacle. A perfect getaway from Mumbai and Pune, Purushwadi is small hamlet located in Akole Taluka of Ahmednagar District in Maharashtra.
During May and June, zillions of fireflies come out in open after sunset in the stark open meadows of Purushwadi. These fireflies dissipate light from their abdomen in distinct pattern to attract the mates. The vibrant spots of shimmering light along the backdrop of dark night are treat for the eyes that are only glued to screens for the major part of the day.
This vacation, gather your relatives or friends and join this delightful expedition at Jugnu festival at Purushwadi. The quaint village lifestyle, delicious home-cooked food and scenic natural beauty of Purushwadi kajwa festival will etch the memories of fireflies camping in your mind for a long time.
Purushwadi is a tribal village situated 180/ 220 km from both Mumbai & Pune en route to Nasik, and is quickly gaining popularity as an eco-tourism destination. The village is home to many indigenous tribes including bails, kolismahadeos, thakars, kolidhors, takarekolis, paradhis, kokanas, warlis, kathodis and katkaris.. It is nestled in the forested Western Ghats, between river Kurkundi and river Mula, in the Akole district of Maharashtra. The village has been adopted by a well-known NGO, Grassroutes who are dedicated towards promoting eco-friendly tourism in villages across Maharashtra, also providing livelihood to the villagers in the process.
The village is a haven for us city-dwellers looking for a quick refreshing getaway from Mumbai. At Purushwadi, one gets to experience the quaint village lifestyle, traditional hospitality of the friendly locals at the home stays, and delicious home-cooked food. Adding a touch of magic, the nights at Purushwadi are lightened up by nature’s very own illumination- hundreds of fireflies!
Though all attempts have been made to maintain the raw flavour of the traditional village life, Purushwadi home-stays are well equipped with all the necessary, basic amenities electricity, drinking water, toilets facilities and beddings.
Some interesting facts about Purushwadi:
- Purushwadi is a small village located in the Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra, India.
- The village is known for its natural beauty and its traditional farming practices.
- Purushwadi is home to the famous Purushwadi Fireflies Festival, which takes place every year in May and June.
- During the festival, the village is lit up with thousands of fireflies that glow in the dark, creating a magical and enchanting atmosphere.
- Purushwadi is also known for its eco-tourism initiatives, which aim to promote sustainable tourism and support the local community.
- The village is surrounded by lush green hills and forests, and is home to a variety of flora and fauna, including rare bird species.
- The villagers of Purushwadi are primarily engaged in agriculture and practice traditional farming methods using organic techniques.
- The village is also known for its handicrafts, particularly the traditional Warli paintings created by local artists.
- Purushwadi is a great place to experience rural life in India and learn about the customs and traditions of the local community.
- The village is easily accessible by road from Mumbai and Pune, and has a range of accommodation options to suit all budgets, including eco-friendly homestays and campsites.
Places to visit near Purushwadi:
Purushwadi is a small village in Maharashtra, India known for its firefly sightings during the monsoon season. Here are some places to visit in Purushwadi:
Firefly sightings: One of the main attractions in Purushwadi is the firefly sightings that happen during the monsoon season. You can witness the magical sight of thousands of fireflies lighting up the night sky.
Village Walk: Take a village walk to explore the simple lifestyle of the locals and get to know their daily routine. You can visit the farms, interact with the locals and learn about their culture and traditions.
Trekking: There are several trekking trails in and around Purushwadi that you can explore. Some of the popular trails include the trek to Kalsubai Peak, the highest peak in Maharashtra, and the Harishchandragad trek, which is known for its scenic beauty.
Kalsubai Wildlife Sanctuary: The Kalsubai Wildlife Sanctuary is located about 40 km from Purushwadi and is home to a variety of flora and fauna. You can take a safari to explore the sanctuary and spot animals like leopards, barking deer, and hyenas.
Harishchandragad Fort: The Harishchandragad Fort is located about 30 km from Purushwadi and is known for its scenic beauty and historical significance. You can go for a trek to the fort and explore the ancient temples, caves, and the Kedareshwar Cave, which is known for its natural shivling.
Disclaimer: Sighting of fireflies is a natural phenomenon and is completely based on the rains, so if it rains heavily we may see less or no fireflies.
Ex Purushwadi Cost - Rs.2499/-
Ex Mumbai Cost - Rs.3499/-
Please note that we are going to get close to nature. Hence all the facilities will be basic. Do not expect deal of comfort, even while we strive to make available better facilities.
This is nature's trail. We are going to enjoy something incredible that nature is keeping hidden from us urban folks. The price for that is stepping out from our comforts. But believe us, it will be worth it...
Day 1: Saturday08:45 am Meet the Trikon Team at Pritam Hotel , Dadar East
09:00 am Leave for Purushwadi Fireflies festival campsite, Pick Up On The Way
09:30 am Pickup from Teen Hath Naka Junction
01:30 pm Lunch En-Route
04:30 pm Reach Purushwadi Base Village and freshen up (Evening snacks will be provided)
05:00 pm Explore the area.
08:00 pm Stroll around the Purushwadi village to witness the twinkling fireflies (Depends upon the weather)
09:30 pm Dinner & Games
10:30 pm Rest for the day
Day 2: Sunday
07:00 am Wake up to a beautiful sun-rise and morning walk
08:00 am Enjoy fresh breakfast and chai
10:00 am Start packing up bags and folding up the camp. Leave the campsite with lots of memories!
04:00 pm Reach Mumbai
What is included in the tour
- Transport from Dadar to Purushwadi Fireflies festival campsite - Purushwadi Fireflies festival campsite to Dadar by Pvt AC Bus
- Saturday Evening Snacks, Veg / Non Veg Dinner & Sunday Breakfast at Purushwadi
- Dorm Accommodation at Homestay / Twin Sharing Tented accommodation at Purushwadi
- Bed Sheet & Blanket
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any other expense of personal use other than mentioned in inclusions
- Saturday & Sunday Lunch
- Twinkling Fireflies are the highlight of Purushwadi Fireflies festival
- Experience rustic village stay camping / homestay at Purushwadi Fireflies festival campsite
- Experience the quaint village lifestyle, traditional hospitality of the friendly locals at Prushwadi Fireflies festival campsite
- Night Strolls, mystery stories around Purushwadi will keep you hooked!
- Try your hands on night photography
Q: How do fireflies glow?
A: Fireflies produce light in their abdomen using a technique called bioluminescence. Both males and females pulsate light in different patterns to create a fantastic spectacle at night.
Q: What is the best season to witness fireflies? or When can I see fireflies in Purushwadi?
A: The best season to witness fireflies is from May to June.
Q: Can we reach the campsite using our transport for the Purushwadi Firefly Festival?
A: You can reach the campsite using your own transport for the Purushwadi Firefly Festival.
Q: How to reach Purushwadi Fireflies Festival campsite?
A: Meet the TTrikon team at Bisleri junction at Andheri East and leave for Purushwadi for the Purushwadi Fireflies Festival campsite.
Q: How far is the Purushwadi firefly festival campsite from Mumbai?
A: Purushwadi is situated 220 kms from Mumbai and 145 kms from Pune
Q: Does the Purushwadi Firefly Campsite have washroom facilities?
A: Yes, it does.
Q: What are the Purushwadi Fireflies Festival Event 2023 dates? Kajwa Mahotsav 2023 dates Nashik?
A: Check the batch dates for the Purushwadi Fireflies Festival/Kajwa Mahotsav 2023.
Q: When can I see fireflies in Purushwadi?
A: Just before monsoon hits, you will be able to witness fireflies.
Q: Can kids join Purushwadi firefly event 2023?
A: Kids can join their parents for the Purushwadi fireflies event 2002.
Q: Can I join Purushwadi firefly festival as a solo traveller?
A: Yes, you can join Purushwadi Firefly festival as a solo traveler.
People also searched for:
- Rajmachi fireflies special trek near Mumbai
- Prabalmachi fireflies trek and camp near Mumbai
- Bhandardara firefly special camping near Mumbai
- Fireflies special event at Dehne in Maharashtra
- Firefly festival 2023 in Mumbai