Rajmachi Fireflies Special Trek
Leave behind the city chaos and lose yourself to the mountains by spending some fun time with the glowing fireflies. Just walk along the dense forest and quietly observe these bio-luminescent bodies (fireflies) twinkling all around. Yes, it’s a moment to feel surprised and get awed by these little wonders (fireflies).
Rajmachi (Udhewadi) is a small village in the rugged mountains of Sahyadri in Maharashtra. The fortification at Rajmachi consists of two forts, namely Shrivardhan Fort and Manaranjan Fort. Rajmachi Fort is a popular trekking destination. Rajmachi fort is a very famous fort located near famous hill stations of Maharashtra, Lonavala and Khandala. Historically, Rajmachi fort was a strategic fort to control Borghat (ghat between Khopoli and Khandala on Mumbai-Pune route) which was a historical trade route. The fort played a strategic role in the First Anglo-Maratha War. Rajmachi Fort has been declared as a protected monument.
Consuming alcohol is strictly prohibited in the event. Anyone found in possession of the same or consuming it will be expelled from the event. NO REFUND will be provided.
Batch 1 : 16th - 17th May 2020
Batch 2 : 23rd - 24th May 2020
Batch 3 : 30th - 31st May 2020
Batch 4 : 06th - 07th June 2020
Batch 5 : 13th - 14th June 2020
Batch 6 : 20th - 21st June 2020
Some instructions :
1) Our stay is basically arranged in village house it will be dormitory type and Bedding (mat and Chadar) will be provided.
2) Food served on this event is Veg, Non-Veg and Jain food. Food will be simple homemade food.
3 ) There may be chances of raining, so pack your bags accordingly. Take extra pair of cloths and wrap everything in plastic bag.
4) At our campsite there are plenty of fireflies, so enjoy blinking of these tiny bioluminescence friends and capture it in your memories and in camera. Dont touch or capture fireflies be them live in their own environment.
6) No smoking and no drinking (if anyone found with this activity will be separated from group and Trikon no more responsible for such person) your co-operation is expected
7) Trikon believes in No trace policy so No Littering please. Collect all garbage and carry back we will dispose it in city. We are going to one of the remote place so don't expect lavish facilities but yes basic needs will be taken care of...
8) In case it rains, we will provide dormitory accommodation only.
Mandatory instructions for fireflies festival:
1. Keep min 50 feet distance.
2. Don't touch the fireflies and trees/Branches as well.
3. Avoid torch or use it with green colour filter only for route.
4. Zero noise(no music/keep silent).
5. Smoking/Alcohol/Deo/Perfume all are strictly prohibited.
Day 1: Saturday
4:00 pm Meet the Trikon Team at Lonavala Station.
4:30 pm Enjoy evening snacks at Lonavala
5:30 pm Take local transport to Tungarli Dam
6:30 pm Reach Tungarli Dam and start the trek alongside numerous fireflies
9:30 pm Reach base village and relax
Day 2: Sunday
6:00 am Wake up call and freshen up
6:30 am Trek to Shrivardhan fort
9:00 am Back to base village and enjoy breakfast
10:00 am Start our Return Journey Back to Lonavala
11:00 am Reach Lonavala
11:30 am Catch Train / Bus Transport for Pune
02:00 pm Reach Pune
Train Time Table for Saturday
Catch Pune - Lonavala Shuttle Local @3:00 PM
3:00 PM Pune
3:04 PM Shivaji Nagar
3:21 PM Pimpri
3:25 PM Chinchwad
3:47 PM Talegaon
4:00 PM Kamshet
4:25 PM Lonavala
Batch 1 : 25th - 26th May 2019
Batch 2 : 01st - 02nd June 2019
Batch 3: 08th - 09th June 2019
Batch 4 : 15th - 16th June 2019
Batch 5 : 22nd - 23rd June 2019
- Twinkling Fireflies are a highlight of this journey
- Experience rustic village stay
- Night Strolls, mystery stories around Rajmachi will keep you hooked!
- Monsoon beauty with offers you all possible shades of green everywhere
What is included in the tour
- Local Transport traveling from Lonavala to Lonavala
- Food: Saturday evening snacks and Dinner, Sunday Breakfast
- Dormitory Accommodation at Rajmachi
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train Travelling: Pune to Lonavala & Return
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Torch with new cells
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Please take tickets till Lonavala
- Board the second Compartment from Karjat Side
- Missing the train means missing the trek, no refunds would be entertained by Trikon
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.