Tikona Fort Trek
Grade: Easy | Endurance: Easy
Tikona Fort trek is a popular one-day trekking destination in Maharashtra. The fort is located near Kamshet which is 60 km away from Pune. Also known as Vitangad, the Tikona fort is situated atop the Tikona peak and has an altitude of 3633 feet from sea level. The geography of the fort resembles a trikon or a triangle and hence the name Tikona.
If you are exploring monsoon treks near Mumbai, the Tikona trek would be the perfect fit as you get to see magnificent surroundings replete with lush greenery. The hillock’s seven water tanks which get filled up with clear water will draw your attention. This fort also has a great historical significance as many Maratha dynasties ruled it in the past.
The fort also houses several Buddhist and Satavahana Caves, a small yet elegant Trimbakeshwar Mahadev temple. On reaching the summit, you can see exhilarating, panoramic views of Pavana Lake and the Tung fort.
One of the best options for monsoon treks near Mumbai, the Tikona trek is fairly easy to ascend and descend. It takes almost one hour to reach the summit. The low-lying clouds, edgy turns and misty weather make the trek even more enjoyable.
Tikona is the dominant hill fort in Maval in western India. Tikona Fort located near Kamshet around 60 kms from Pune. This tall hill is pyramidal in shape and the name Tikona means "Triangle". Tikona Fort is a proud host to a temple of 'Trimbakeshwar Mahadev', seven water tanks and the Satvahan caves. Once at the top of the fort, one should definitely catch the views of the Pawna lake & dam and the nearby forts of Tung, Lohagad and Visapur.
Let’s come together and conquer the historical wonder Tikona Fort which has many viewpoints and ruined fortifications. It’s time to pull up your socks and get going…. Because You’re Worth It!
Fairly accessible via an easy trek and dotted with rocky patches, the Tikona Fort also known as Vitandgad, is a perfect trekking destination for all those who wish to combine leisure with adventure. It’s a great way to take a break from the daily routine and submit your soul to nature. Ideal for first timers, this mesmeric fort is indeed scalable and also has rock-cut stairs to give you a regal feel.
(Note: Will be having late lunch post descend)
05:50 am: Meet Travel Trikon at Kotak Mahindra Atm near Pritam Hotel Dadar (E)
06:00 am: Leave for Base Village
06:15 am: Pickup Point : K star Mall , Chembur East
06:30 am: Pickup Point : Vashi Below Main Bridge
07:00 am: Pickup Point : Hotel 3 Star, Kharghar
10:00 am : Reach base village and Enjoy breakfast
11:00 am : Introduction session
11:15 am : Start the trek to Tikona Fort
12:45 pm : Reach the top
01:45 pm : Start Descending towards base village
03:30 pm : Late Lunch at base village
05:30 pm : Proceed towards Mumbai
09:30 pm : Reach Mumbai
What is included in the tour
- Transport by Private Non AC Bus from Dadar to Tikona and Tikona to Dadar
- Food: Breakfast and Lunch
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges for Tikona fort trek
- 5% GST Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks, etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusions
- Understand the historical importance and legacy of Tikona Fort
- View of Pawna lake from the top of Tikona Fort
- Tikona Fort exploration- Huge gates, a temple, natural water tank
- A hundred steep stone-cut steps, a cave on the trail
- Ridge connecting fort and mountains
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
Covid Safety Guidlines
- Each member of the group (participants/leaders/ clients & staff) wears protective mask while on interaction with each other. Do carry few unused, disposable masks.
- It is strongly recommended to wear caps, full sleeves shirts and full trousers and shoes for adventure activities. It reduces exposure of your body parts.
- It should be ascertained from the participants that they are not residing / have not traveled in a containment zone and have not come in contact with any person who was tested positive in last 14 days.
- Ascertain whether any participant has any symptoms of Influenza like illness (ILI) like fever, dry cough, weakness, severe body ache etc. at the time of beginning of activity. If it is so then he/she should be asked not to participate activity and be evacuated on medical grounds and should be asked to report to local health authority with his own expenses.
- Strictly avoid eating gutkha, pan masala, cigarette or sniffing which induces spitting, coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching external surfaces and touching your face when in outdoors.
- If the location of your adventure activity is too crowded then be prepared to leave or wait for the crowd to disperse/for your turn.
- It is mandatory that a participant informs the organizers if he tests positive for Covid within 14 days of returning from adventure activity. It will help the organizers to inform and alert all other persons in the group, so that they can follow the medical/government norms in this regard. Here it is absolutely essential that the participant observes
transparency and informs the organizers/group leaders about his Covid test results.