Barnawapara Wildlife Sanctuary
This small wildlife sanctuary covering an area of 245 sq km in the Mahasamund district of Chhattisgarh is known for its lush green forest cover and a sizeable population of the common Leopard. It is the state’s second most popular wildlife sanctuary, established in 1976 under the Wildlife Protection Act of 1972. The thick vegetation here mostly comprises Teak, Sal and Bamboo, and supports diverse wildlife such as Tigers, Sloth Bears, Jackals, Leopards, four-horned Antelopes, striped Hyenas, Chinkara, Barking Deer, Porcupine, Gaur, Muntjac, and Bison.
Tourists come to this forest mostly to spot the common Leopard, which is more elusive and harder to spot than the Tiger.
The landscape is a mix of flat and hilly terrain, and offers picturesque views of rivulets and streams flowing down the rolling hills into the flat lands to create water bodies that attract a large number of bird species.
It is possible to see several species of Parrots and Parakeets, White-rumped Vultures, Green Avadavats, Lesser Kestrels, Peafowls, Woodpeckers and Racket-tailed Drongos.
The site of bamboo shoots and tall sal trees swaying in unison with the wind, coupled with the sounds of the forests, water trickling over pebbles, insects, toads and frogs croaking in the background, and melodious birds calling out to one another; this is the experience that you will have on a trip into this forest at any given time of the day.
How to Reach Raipur
Day 1: Saturday
09:30 am Leave for Barnawapara Wildlife Sanctuary via Private AC Transport
12:30 pm Hotel check in, freshen up and take rest
02:00 pm Leave for afternoon safari after lunch
06:30 pm Back to hotel, have evening tea and relax for the day
07:30 pm Watch the informative slideshow/ documentary/ knowledge session
08300 pm Enjoy dinner with chats and gossip, share experience of first safari
Day 2: Sunday
05:30 am Wake up call! Leave for morning safari
10:00 am Back to hotel, freshen up and have breakfast
11:00 am Freshen up and check out. Leave for Raipur via private vehicle
02:00 pm Reach Raipur
Please note that train or flight tickets can be arranged on request. The fare is not included in the tour cost and will have to be paid separately.
Tiger sighting is matter of luck, so enjoy the forest with other mammals and birds.
Costing might increase at last minute if there is any changes made in Fee structure by forest department
Things to Carry
- ID Card
- 2 litres water
- Camera (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- Carry a big cloth / bandanna / scarf to protect you from the dust
- Body Warmer for the chilly early mornings
- Sunscreens are very important
- Carry a pair of good binoculars
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Thrill of jeep safaris
- Sightings of leopards, jackal, tigers and other animals in natural habitat
- Spotting resident and migratory birds like the parrots and Parakeets, White-rumped Vultures, Green Avadavats, Lesser Kestrels, Peafowls, Woodpeckers and Racket-tailed Drongos to name a few.
- Wildlife photography
Field learning with the expert to improve your skill sets. Our wildlife Photography Expert will help you to better understand of perspectives, camera controls and how to make use of the best opportunities to get better images which will include:
- How to approach Wildlife in the field
- Different modes of shooting (Av / A, Tv / S, M and P)
- Exposure control in field, autofocus, focusing points and focus tracking
- Framing and composition in the field
- Image processing (Histogram and exposure control, Cropping and image resizing, cloning, dodging and burning, Noise reduction, Composition etc..)
What is included in the tour
- Transport by AC Vehicle from Raipur to Raipur
- Food: Day 1 Lunch to Day 2 Lunch (2 Lunch, 1 Snack, 1 Dinner & 1 Breakfast)
- 2 Jeep safari , Guide & Entry charges
- Triple Sharing AC Accommodation
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train / Flight Ticket and Airport / Transfer to Raipur
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- 5% GST