Grade: Moderate | Endurance: Moderate
Surrounding itself in a mist with a flowing river, is what beautiful location will offer you. This location other than Bhaskargad. Bhaskargad is a must do trek during the monsoon season.Bhaskargad is also known as Basgad.43 km east of Nashik at the Trimbak range, lies this mesmerising fort. Bhaskargad is also known as Basgadwhich is in the trimbak rang which is near "Trimbakeshwar", known among the 12 "Jyotirlingas" in India. The base village of this fort is Nirgudpada, which is 20 km away from Trimbakeshwar. From Nirgudpada, the fortHariharis visible from here, and Bhaskargad will be seen on the left side of the village. You will also see a beautiful rivulet which you need to cross in order to reach the trail to the fort. This will take you to the steps after a hike of about an hour and a half.
There are steps which take us to the main entrance cut through the mountain rock along the stone walls. Unfortunately, the main entrance of this fort is buried under the soil. You have to crawl a little bit to enter the fort. When you reach the top you will see that there are only fort walls and a few remnants of the houses and water cisterns on the top.There is a rock-cut water cistern on the fort. There is a rough idols of Veer Maruti on the fort. It takes about half an hour to visit all places on the fort.
About the Place
Just like the mesmerising steps of heaven are the rock cut steps of Bhaskargad. Like many other forts in Maharashtra this fort too is an ancient fort. The rock cut steps along the mountain face and the stone cute covered cisterns are the major attractions of this fort. The rock cut steps along the mountain face and the stone cute covered cisterns indicate that that this fort was built during the Satavahana dynasty and the fort is in ancient fort.
Bhaskargad was built to guard the ancient Gonda Pass. It was a trade route from west coast towards Nashik.During the period from 1271 to 1308 this fort was under the control of Yadavas of Devagiri. Later Bahamanis captured Devgiri and the fort came under the Bahamanis control. Much later in 1629 when Shahaji Maharaj revolted against Nizamshahi, he captured the fort and took it under his control. Mughuls regained it in 1688. In 1730, the fishermen rebelled with Mughals and captured the fort. Later it was with Peshwas till the British captured it in 1818.
Batch 1 : 10th - 11th August 2019
Batch 2 : 31st Aug - 01st Sept 2019
Day 0: Saturday Night
11:00 pm: Meet the Trikon Team at Pritam Hotel, Dadar (East)
11:15 pm : Departure from Dadar
12:00 am: Pick up from Teen Hath Naka Junction, Thane
Day 1: Sunday
04:00 am : Reach Base Village and rest for sometime
06.00 am: Breakfast and refreshing Tea.
07.30 am: Start the Trek.
10.30 am: Reach the top of Bhaskargad, Photography & exploration.
12.30 9m: Start Descending.
02.30pm: Reach Base Village and lunch.
05.00pm: Start our Return Journey
09.30pm: Reach Dadar
Things to Carry
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- Hanuman Temple
- A beautiful pond
- Glorious view of Harihar and other forts from the top
- Two buried cisterns
What is included in the tour
- Transport by Private Non Ac Bus from Dadar to Dadar
- Food: Breakfast, Lunch & Evening Tea / Coffee
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than the above mentioned inclusion