Harishchandragad Fort never fails to amuse wanderers with its abundance of mythological and historical importance while the most picturesque are it's mountainous ranges. Add to it the cool and misty weather with clouds floating by as you trek to the top. Just as we prepare to welcome monsoons, be there to witness the cloud gathering first!
Harishchandragad Trek : is a hill fort in the Ahmednagar District of India. Its history is linked with that of Malshej Ghat kothale village and it has played a major role in guarding and controlling the surrounding region.
The fort is quite ancient. Remnants of Microlithic man have been discovered here. The various Puranas (ancient scriptures) like Matsyapurana, Agnipurana and Skandapurana include many references about Harishchandragad. Its origin is said to have been in the 6th century, during the rule of Kalachuri dynasty.
This cliff faces west and looks down upon the Konkan. It provides a scenic view of the surrounding region and the setting sun. The cliff has an overhang, but has been climbed many times. Sometimes a circular rainbow (Brocken Spectre phenomenon) can be seen from this point. It can be seen only when there is a bit of mist in the valley, and the sun is right behind the person facing the valley.
Trekking till Harischandragad and camping at this historical location is indeed an experience worth remembering.
Please Note: Washroom Facilities is not available during the Trek & Camping
Day 1: Saturday
07:18 pm Meet Trikon team at Kasara and leave for Pachnai Village via local transport
07:30 pm Move ahead to Pachnai Base Village by Private Jeep , Dinner on the way
11:30 pm Reach Pachnai Village
11:45 pm Post Introduction , Start Night Trek till Konkan Kada
Day 2: Sunday
02:00 am Reach KoKankada
03:00 am Tented Accommodation at Konkankada
06:00 am Wake up call
08:00 am Explore Konkan Kada
08:30 am Breakfast in the open arena of Kokankada
09:00 am Start descend
12:00 pm Reach Pachnai
12.30 pm After reaching Pachnai, hog on yummy lunch
01:30 pm Start for Kasara Station
04.30 pm Reach Kasara, start travel for Mumbai
08.00 pm Reach Mumbai
Train Time Table
Catch CST-Kasara Fast Local for Saturday @ 04:52 pm
04:52 pm Mumbai CST
04:59 pm Byculla
05:06 pm Dadar
05:13 pm Kurla
05:17 pm Ghatkopar
05:32 pm Thane
05:56 pm Dombivili
06:08 pm Kalyan
07:18 pm Kasara
Please Note : Washroom Facilities is not available during the Trek & Camping
Things to Carry
- ID Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Camera (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Sleeping Bag or Proper Bedding
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same
- Please take ticket till Kasara
- Board the second last compartment from CST side
- Missing the train means missing the trek, no refunds would be entertained by Trikon
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
What is included in the tour
- Food: Sun - Breakfast and Lunch
- Tented Accommodations on Triple or Quadruple basis
- Kasara to Kasara Transport
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Saturday Night Dinner
- Train Travelling
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- Trek among clouds, enjoy the amazing weather
- Well built lake ‘Saptatirtha’ and Harishchandreshwar Temple
- Medieval era Kedareshwar Cave and interesting predictions of Local Legends!
- Whole plethora of Peaks :Taramati,Ajoba Fort, Kulang and many more..
- Night camping and bonfire