Sagargad Monsoon Trek
Grade: Medium | Endurance: Medium
As the name goes, Sagar – Sea and Gad – Fort, this place is a perfect trekking destination for both mountain and sea lovers. Located in Alibaug - a popular tourist destination; Sagargad is a blissful trekking destination that offers a panoramic view of the Arabian Sea from top. From Khandale village, a few hours of ascend across various waterfalls will take you to the summit. As, you reach this gigantic plateau and spend awesome time up there, you’ll enjoy the moment as it’s quite breezy during monsoons. Both Beginners and avid trekkers would love the hike, as it’s picturesque and mesmerising.
Shivaji Maharaj won this fort from Adilshah in 1660. Sagargad was one of the forts that were handed over to the Mughals in the Treaty of Purandar. But Shivaji won it back when he escaped from Agra in 1665. Eventually, the possession of this fort was with the British who during 1880s, built retreat homes for their officers at this scenic spot.
Batch 1: Sunday, 13th September 2020
Batch 2: Sunday, 20th September 2020
Batch 3: Sunday, 27th September 2020
(Rs.799 without transport / Rs 1499 with transport)
06:00 am: Meet the Trikon Team at Kotak Mahindra Bank ATM, near Dadar (E) station
06:15 am: Leave for Sagargad
06:30 am: Pick up from K-star Mall, Chembur
06:45 am: Pick up from Sec 17, Vashi (below the flyover)
07:00 am: Pick up from Hotel 3 star, Kharghar
09:00 am: Reach base village and have breakfast
10:00 am: Start the trek
01:00 pm: Reach the top and explore the fort
02:00 pm: Have lunch at Machi
02:30 pm: Start descend
04:30 pm: Reach base village and enjoy evening tea / Coffee
05:30 pm: Start return journey
09:00 pm: Reach Mumbai
Things to Carry
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
Covid Safety Guidlines
- Each member of the group (participants/leaders/ clients & staff) wears protective mask while on interaction with each other. Do carry few unused, disposable masks.
- It is strongly recommended to wear caps, full sleeves shirts and full trousers and shoes for adventure activities. It reduces exposure of your body parts.
- It should be ascertained from the participants that they are not residing / have not traveled in a containment zone and have not come in contact with any person who was tested positive in last 14 days.
- Ascertain whether any participant has any symptoms of Influenza like illness (ILI) like fever, dry cough, weakness, severe body ache etc. at the time of beginning of activity. If it is so then he/she should be asked not to participate activity and be evacuated on medical grounds and should be asked to report to local health authority with his own expenses.
- Strictly avoid eating gutkha, pan masala, cigarette or sniffing which induces spitting, coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching external surfaces and touching your face when in outdoors.
- If the location of your adventure activity is too crowded then be prepared to leave or wait for the crowd to disperse/for your turn.
- It is mandatory that a participant informs the organizers if he tests positive for Covid within 14 days of returning from adventure activity. It will help the organizers to inform and alert all other persons in the group, so that they can follow the medical/government norms in this regard. Here it is absolutely essential that the participant observes
transparency and informs the organizers/group leaders about his Covid test results.
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- Visit Siddeshwar Ashram
- Check out Dondhana Waterfall
- Walk amidst lush jungle
- Visit the Shiva and Ganesh temples on top
- Y-shaped fort structure
- See ancient Saptrishi caves
- View of surrounding peaks like Manikgad, Karnala, Mirgad and Revdanda
- View of the Arabian sea towards west, Dharamtar creek to the north
- Panoramic view of Vanartok pinnacle
- Ruins of old British quarters
What is included in the tour
- Transport by Private Non AC Bus from Dadar to Dadar
- Food: Breakfast , Lunch , Evening Tea / Coffee
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- 5% GST Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion