If you are a travel curious soul, then you will surely connect with Meghalaya. This trip designed by Trikon is a perfect journey for those who are planning their next travel hunt.
Meghalaya literally means ‘Abode of the Clouds’ and is known for its roaring high waterfalls and thick rainforest. As you reach Meghalaya you will soon realise that it is difficult to describe the overall ambiance of Meghalaya. Meghalaya, ‘Abode of the Clouds’ is a combination of both serenity and excitement. While exploring this sublime beauty, you will realise the magical sights that Meghalaya offers is nothing but utmost charm and tranquillity. The mysterious caves and clear river water is a must visit. The sight of the high mountains of Meghalaya will give you a sense of awe.
Along with the friendly locals in Meghalaya, the villages here are worth exploring. Meghalaya is a perfect gateway to the candy floss clouds and exploring this beautiful destination will make you realise its purity and its pristine beauty. The blue natural pools in Meghalaya will restore back your energy and make your trip worth it. We at Trikon assure that you will surely lose yourself into the beauty of the undulating pine covered hills & the view of the Seven Sister state of North East India.
Dive into Meghalaya and float with Trikon on its breath taking views!
About the Place
Did you know? Meghalaya is one of the cleanest states in India. Meghalaya is a must do if you are planning a vacation as it is also a very popular tourist spot and a well-known destination in the travel magazine all over the world. Meghalaya separates the Assam Valley from the plains of Bangladesh and is a refreshing and a thick pine mountain state with utmost beauty. The timeless beauty with its awe-inspiring environs, will make Meghalaya Tour an unforgettable journey. Known to be wettest places on Earth, Cherrapunjee and Mawsynram offer some really wonderful sights to the eye. Cherrapunjee and Mawsynram witness most of the rain falls between June and September resulting in the mesmerising waterfalls at Asia’s longest caves in Meghalaya.
Bestowed with natural beauty and breath taking sights Meghalaya also has a traditional and cultural touch. In Meghalaya there are few tribal groups named as Jaintia, Khasi and Garo. These tribal groups reside in the eastern, central and western parts of Meghalaya. These tribal groups dance and celebrate festivals in colourful traditional dress which is very unique and beautiful.
From boating to visit in the sacred forest Trikon has all that a traveller is looking for. Trikon calls out to traveler within you to enroll into a journey that you will never forget.
We strongly recommend to all the participants to do a COVID test before travelling to Meghalaya or any other long tour.
We also recommend to all the participants to give RT-PCR test not less than 96 hours before the travel and carry COVID negative certificates with them.
Doing a test strongly reduces the probability of participants coming to the mountains as asymptomatic carriers. It makes it a lot safer for all the participants and staff in the team.
If you live in Bangalore, Pune or Mumbai, Just Book your Flight ticket to reach Guwahati before 11:30 am and Return Journey should be booked post 04:00 pm
Please do check with us before booking the flight tickets ( IMP )
Batch 1: Sunday, 28th March - Saturday, 3rd April 2021
Batch 2: Sunday, 11th April - Saturday, 17th April 2021
Batch 3: Sunday, 25th April - Saturday, 01st May 2021
Above dates not possible?
Contact us & we promise to customize above itinerary as per your convenience.
Call now on 9820022466 or drop an email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Day 1: Head from Guwahati to Shillong
Hello Guwahati! Today we shall visit the Umiam Lake as we drive from Guwahati to Shillong. It is one of the most picturesque places in Meghalaya. Situated between beautiful pine covered hills, Shillong is known as the ‘Scotland of the East’. You will surely enjoy the architecture which has a British touch to it. In the evening, we shall visit the beautiful Don Bosco Museum and one can also explore the local street market of Shillong, known as the ‘Police Bazar’.
After a fun day we shall have an overnight stay in Shillong.
Day 2: A Memorable Sightseeing in Shillong and a trip to Laitlum Canyon and Mawphlang forests
Today we will visit the Laitlum Grand Canyon which is a major tourist attraction. After the visit you will head towards Mawphlang forests and take a guided tour to the sacred groove. This groove is considered to be sacred since the ancient days and it has been preserved by the traditional religious sanction. If time permits, we shall also visit the Elephant Falls.
Overnight stay in Shillong.
Day 3: A day at Dawki & Mawlynnong
Today is totally going to be a thrilling day as we shall visit the Indo-Bangladesh border!
We drive to Dawki and visit the Indo-Bangladesh border. After spending sometime at the border, get into the fun boat ride in the clean waters of Umngot River.
Here in Meghalaya, villages have their own charm and hence Trikon takes you to the Mawlynnong Village which is located in the East Khasi Hills of Meghalaya, also known ‘God’s own Garden’ and which is also awarded as the cleanest village of Asia. In this village you will also find the ’Living Root Bridge’. This bridge is handmade from the roots of rubber fig trees by the Khasi and Jaintia tribal groups.
Overnight stay at Mawlynnong.
Day 4: A day Scheduled especially for some Fantastic Sightseeing in Cheerapunjee (Sohra)
Good morning Trikoners! Today get ready for a visit to the Nohkalikai Falls and Seven Sisters Falls. Make the most of the beautiful views and click pictures.
Meghalaya is known for the numerous caves it hosts. After the refreshing view of the Nohkalikai Falls and Seven Sisters Falls, Trikon takes you to the unique Mawsmai Caves.
Overnight stay in Cherapunjee.
Day 5: Drive from Cherapunji to Kaziranga National Park
The drive is long but a scenic one as you see a transformation from the hilly terrain of Meghalaya onto the plains of Assam. En route we can spot numerous traditional Assamese homes with villagers working in the fields. A special feature of the Assamese household is a man-made fishpond made in the courtyard of every house.
After a period of relatively warm temperatures, soon we shall enter a cooler area, with fresher air, as you get closer to the national park. On reaching the homestay, relax as we sink in the silence after a long day’s drive.
Overnight stay at Kaziranga.
Day 6: Wildlife Safari and Orchid Park at Kaziranga
Kaziranga National Park has two safaris – one in a Jeep and the other over an Elephant. There are 2 sessions when these safaris are conducted, one being early in the morning while the other being in the afternoon. You can opt for either or both.
Between these safaris, we visit the Orchid garden where you can find different types of flowers, over 70 species of the bamboo plant and much more. Also, we can indulge into some local cuisine & culture at the Orchid garden.
Overnight stay at Kaziranga.
Day 7: Drive to Guwahati
Our trip concludes with the last breakfast of the trip. Post breakfast we depart for Guwahati to catch our flight/train back home.
Things to Carry
- Identity card.
- Mask (Mandatory)
- 2 litre water.
- Camera (Optional).
- Enerzal Powder or Glucon D powder.
- Snacks & Biscuits.
- Extra Pair of Clothes.
- Warm clothing for night.
- Clean napkin & towel.
- Mosquito Repellent.
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf.
- Haversack or Backpack.
- Please carry medicines if you need any.
- Hand Sanitizer.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
COVID Safety Guidelines
- Each member of the group (participants/leaders/ clients & staff) wears a protective mask while on interaction with each other. Do carry few unused, disposable masks.
- It is strongly recommended to wear caps, full sleeves shirts and full trousers and shoes for adventure activities. It reduces exposure of your body parts.
- It should be ascertained from the participants that they are not residing / have not traveled in a containment zone and have not come in contact with any person who was tested positive in the last 14 days.
- Ascertain whether any participant has any symptoms of Influenza-like illness (ILI) like fever, dry cough, weakness, severe body ache etc. at the time of beginning of activity. If it is so then he/she should be asked not to participate actively and be evacuated on medical grounds and should be asked to report to the local health authority with his own expenses.
- Strictly avoid eating gutkha, pan masala, cigarette, or sniffing which induces spitting, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching external surfaces and touching your face when in outdoors.
- If the location of your adventure activity is too crowded then be prepared to leave or wait for the crowd to disperse/for your turn.
- It is mandatory that a participant informs the organizers if he tests positive for Covid within 14 days of returning from adventure activity. It will help the organizers to inform and alert all other persons in the group, so that they can follow the medical/government norms in this regard. Here it is absolutely essential that the participant observes
transparency and informs the organizers/group leaders about his Covid test results.
Cancellation one month prior the starting date of the trek/tour — Get your full trek fee back in a Trikon Event Voucher OR get a monetary refund with 20% cancellation charges.
Cancellation between one month and 20 days prior to the starting date of the trek — Get 80% of the trek fee in a Trikon Event Voucher OR get a monetary refund with 50% cancellation charges.
Cancellation less than 20 days prior to the starting date of the trek — No monetary refund, get 50% of your fees in a Trikon Event Voucher.
Flights cost included in packages are non-refundable.
Train travel costs would be considered refundable after adjusting IRCTC cancellation charges.
Any specified non-refundable advances will also be considered non-refundable.
We almost never cancel our events. But in case we cancel a event because of natural calamities (snowstorms, thunderstorms, floods, landslides, earthquakes) or unexpected political unrest, curfews, local riots, government orders, unexpected global health issues, Trikon will issue a voucher for the full amount of your event fee. You can redeem the Event Voucher on any of our events over the next one year.
- Spend some memorable time at the Umiam Lake.
- Live through the different cultures at the Don Bosco Museum.
- Visit the Elephant Falls at ‘Shillong: Scotland of the East’.
- Pay obeisance to the sacred groves in the Mawphlong forest.
- Fill your heart with some patriotism at the Indo-Bangladesh border.
- Take a boat ride in the cleanest river – Umngot.
- Take a walk on the ‘Living Root Bridge’.
- Wander through Mawlynnong – awarded as the cleanest village in Asia.
- Explore the Mawsmai Caves.
- Click breathtaking pictures of India’s tallest plunge waterfall: Nohkalikai Falls.
- Take a close look at the one horned Rhino at the Kaziranga National Park.
- Experience the local Assamese culture at the Orchid Park.
What is included in the tour
- Triple/Quad sharing (as per availiblity), Comfortable & Hygienic accommodation at Shillong, Cherapunjee, Mawlynnong & Kaziranga.
- Breakfast & dinner
- All permits & entries
- Guide at Mawphlang sacred grove forest.
- Boating in Umngot river
- Internal travel from airport to airport.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Kaziranga Safari
- Any personal expenses like cold drinks etc.
- Excess stay & meals due to bad weather conditions/strikes, resulting in flight delays or any other form of transport.
- Anything not included in the Inclusions.
- GST 5%