Kohoj Fort Monsoon Trek
Grade: Easy | Endurance: Medium
Situated not too far from Mumbai, the Kohoj Fort sits in the backdrop of a heart-shaped lake forming a beautiful scenery. Its reflection in the water is not to be missed, as the trail takes you by the saltwater lake’s edge, around the fort and to the top. Two giant stone men, somewhat like Groot, will welcome you at the pinnacle of the fort. Get ready to meet them after a moderate climb!
Built during the Bhoj period, Kohoj fort now stands mostly as a historical ruin. It was one of the 23 forts surrendered by Shivaji under the Purandar Treaty that he signed with the Mughals in 1665. The Vaitarna river flows by at a distance, while rest of the area is covered under nature’s green carpet during monsoons. Two huge stone structures, that roughly look like human figures, can be seen at the top, as if still guarding the fort. Kohoj Fort is visible from the Mumbai-Ahemdabad highway.
Batch 1 : Sunday, 13th September 2020
Batch 2 : Saturday, 19th September 2020
Batch 3 : Saturday, 26th September 2020
(Rs.799 without transport / Rs 1499 with transport)
06:00 am Meet the Travel Trikon Team at Kotak Mahindra Bank ATM, near Dadar (E) station
06:30 am Pick up from Andheri Bisleri Factory
06:45 am Pick up from Borivali National Park, breakfast enroute
09:00 am Participants have to reach on the base village by their own
09:15 am Breakfast and Introduction round
09:30 am Start the trek
12:30 pm Reach the top, explore fort area
01:30 pm Start descend
04:00 pm Reach base village, Post Lunch start return journey
08:00 pm Reach Home
Things to Carry
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Mask & Hand Sanitizer
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
Covid Safety Guidlines
- Each member of the group (participants/leaders/ clients & staff) wears protective mask while on interaction with each other. Do carry few unused, disposable masks.
- It is strongly recommended to wear caps, full sleeves shirts and full trousers and shoes for adventure activities. It reduces exposure of your body parts.
- It should be ascertained from the participants that they are not residing / have not traveled in a containment zone and have not come in contact with any person who was tested positive in last 14 days.
- Ascertain whether any participant has any symptoms of Influenza like illness (ILI) like fever, dry cough, weakness, severe body ache etc. at the time of beginning of activity. If it is so then he/she should be asked not to participate activity and be evacuated on medical grounds and should be asked to report to local health authority with his own expenses.
- Strictly avoid eating gutkha, pan masala, cigarette or sniffing which induces spitting, coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching external surfaces and touching your face when in outdoors.
- If the location of your adventure activity is too crowded then be prepared to leave or wait for the crowd to disperse/for your turn.
- It is mandatory that a participant informs the organizers if he tests positive for Covid within 14 days of returning from adventure activity. It will help the organizers to inform and alert all other persons in the group, so that they can follow the medical/government norms in this regard. Here it is absolutely essential that the participant observes
transparency and informs the organizers/group leaders about his Covid test results.
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Dear Trikoners, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trikoner buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- Explore the fort area
- Enjoy view of Heart-shaped saltwater lake
- Panoramic view of Vaitarna River
- Trek till the stone-men pinnacle
- Temples ruins
- Monsoon trek adventure
What is included in the tour
- Transport by Private Non AC Bus
- Food: Breakfast & Late Lunch
- Trikon Trekking Expertise Charges
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion